Utah Infertility Conference 2016
Utah Infertility Resource Center is holding the first annual Utah Infertility Conference on Saturday, October 29th, 2016, at the Karen Gail Miller Conference Center in Sandy, UT. This one day event will be filled with fantastic keynote speakers, breakout sessions taught by infertility specialists, counselors, and adoption workers, a catered lunch, and great prizes.
Conference Theme – “Finding Your Way”
In the words of infertility psychologist, Dr. Alice Domar, “Being unable to get pregnant is one of the most stressful things a woman can go through. Most of us, until we start trying – and failing – to get pregnant, assume that if and when we want children, we’ll have them.”
Those struggling with infertility find themselves trying to navigate an unfamiliar world; one most of us never expected to be in. We don’t know where each journey will lead and when each journey will end. Living in the world of infertility requires taking risks, changing direction after reaching a dead end, and pushing yourself far beyond your comfort zone.
This year’s Utah Infertility Conference will shed light on what can be a dark and daunting world. The conference theme, “Finding Your Way,” addresses the various options when it comes to building a family. Our goal is for each conference attendee to feel empowered with knowledge and hope to move forward on his or her unique path.
Today the conference is only 1 month away and you can get 3 additional tickets into the giveaway if you register on or before Saturday, Oct 1st . You will be entered to win exciting prizes from conference sponsors. Among those prizes are three $1,000 vouchers and six $500 vouchers for infertility treatments from local infertility clinics, spa packages, acupuncture sessions, couple’s date night packages, and a free adoption home study.
Early bird registration is $20 and regular registration is $25. Click here to register today!
Saturday, October 1st – Last registration day to receive 3 extra tickets for the giveaway
Saturday, October 15th – Last day for early bird registration ($20 vs $25)
Saturday, October 29th – Conference
But wait.. that’s not all… Cindy and I will be there as well! We would love to meet YOU! We will have lots to chat about at our table. We will have some NEW jewelry just for this conference! We will also be giving away infertility checklists that are both fun and helpful!
The Conference will have lots of great information and lots of great food! Trust me- you DON’T want to miss it! Come make some new friends as well. We would love to get to know you better!
Don’t forget to come say Hi!
Sessions will include
- Financing Family Building by Melanie Jordan, MBA, Board Chair, Utah Infertility Resource Center
- Introduction to Infertility Treatments by Dr. Keith Blauer, Reproductive Care Center
- Infertility specialist “Dr. Meet & Greet” – Getting to know our local infertility doctors
- 3rd Party Reproduction Panel – Panel featuring parents of children carried by a gestational carrier, a person conceived through anonymous donor sperm, an egg donor and gestational carrier, a 3rd party reproductive lawyer, parents to a child conceived through embryo adoption, and parents to a child conceived through egg/sperm donation
- Optimizing Overall Health During Infertility by Dr. Conway, MD, Utah Fertility Center
- Moving to Adoption by Kim Perry, CSW, Utah Adoption Specialists
- Male Infertility by Dr. Hotaling, MD, University of Utah Andrology
- Finding Your Voice: Advocacy for Infertility and Family Building by Brooke Walrath, BA, Utah Infertility Resource Center
- Supporting your Partner During Infertility by counselor Whitney Barrell, LCSW, Utah Infertility Resource Center
- Coping with Miscarriage & Recurrent Loss During Infertility by counselor Monica Ashton, LCSW, The Healing Group
- Understanding the Trauma of Infertility by counselors Kelsey Redd, CMHC, and Jamie Hales, LCSW
- Benefits of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine for Infertility by acupuncturists Bea Hammond and Lisa Andrade
If cost is a barrier, email email@example.com to inquire about a fee waiver. We want everyone who would like to attend to be able to!
See you there!
(Triumphs & Trials)